18866/1899/18185 account problems :(

Options
I had to report my credit card lost, so naturally my cc company stopped any transactions happening on my cc, and arranged to send me out a new cc and pin number.

Unfortunatly, all the above companies were due to invoice me, 18866 was the first payment to fail. I contacted all 3 companies to advise them of the change in details. They mailed back requesting I update my cc details with them.

I have only been successful updating the 18866 account. I am having major difficulties updating the 1899/18185 accounts. Everytime I try to update, I get an error has occured mesage.

I have emailed the companies, who seem to be sending out an automated response telling me everything is working fine, go and update your details. So I go and try to update, but I'm still getting the error message.

I must have contacted 1899/18185 quite a few times now, and my 1899 payment has failed, so 18185 will be due to fail too shortly.

Can anyone help or advise, or tell me they had the same problem and it turned out ok in the end :(

Comments

• fbrj
    fbrj Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If this is a problem with 1899 and 18185 - perhaps you could cancel both accounts and then re-apply with your new card details? It might be safer to open a new account first (perhaps using a mobile No....and then add home phone number) - when that's set up cancel the problem accounts.
  • 2ax
    2ax Posts: 645 Forumite
    Options
    fbrj wrote:
    If this is a problem with 1899 and 18185 - perhaps you could cancel both accounts and then re-apply with your new card details? It might be safer to open a new account first (perhaps using a mobile No....and then add home phone number) - when that's set up cancel the problem accounts.
    I really think it unwise to attempt to cancel the account with money owing on it. And the new accounts would be barred on the same phone numbers.

Persevere. I've changed my 18866 account 3 times, and 1899 twice.
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    Yeah don't know whether I wanna risk closing accounts with there being oustanding balances owing. However, there would be no outstabnding balances if the services would just let me update my details.
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    1899 and 18185 for some reason don't like certain cards or number ranges.

I am able to give 18866 my main card details, yet both 1899 and 18185 fail on that and another card, so I have to use yet another card with them.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
    Options
    I haven't got another card. The new card is with the same cc company. Nothing has changed except my cc number.
  • 2ax
    Options
    What sort of error did you get? Is it worth logging in in Firefox instead of IE that I find sometimes crashes on secure links (or did you do that already?)
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    You just get an error has occurred message.

It's nothing to do with your browser, but with 1899 and 18185 not accepting certain number ranges, change your card details and there is no problem. However not everyone has more than one card.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
    Options
    I have managed to change 1899 details using another card ( forgot I had actually :o ), but 18185 still won't accept either card :confused:
  • 2ax
    Options
    Ok, spurious guess from me. Is it a difference between credit and debit cards then? That should be something the company can get into its head and sort out.
    Options
    I've used 2 different credit cards, haven't got a third, and don't really want accounts all over the place. If only these companies looked into the problems and delt with them fully, this wouldn't happen. I mean i do want to pay the balance. But what's even odder, they still let you make calls using their services.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure