Revenge! Make free cash from credit cards/MoneySavingExpert.com Discussion

Options

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    schiff wrote:
    If the CC companies only look at capital debt and gross annual income, how on earth do these people get new cards, let alone cards with a large enough credit limit to cope with their (obviously) massive roll-overs?
    By appealing their decision, whether it be a rejection or poor credit limit offered, with a well written letter.

The letter should include details (and proof if necessary) of your savings, investments, and general financial status - ie, things you can't put on a standard credit card application form.
  • lipidicman
    lipidicman Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    By appealing their decision, whether it be a rejection or poor credit limit offered, with a well written letter.

The letter should include details (and proof if necessary) of your savings, investments, and general financial status - ie, things you can't put on a standard credit card application form.

I asked Bank of Scotland about the worthwhileness of doing this and they said their was 'no mechanism' for 'upping the limit'
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    lipidicman wrote:
    I asked Bank of Scotland about the worthwhileness of doing this and they said their was 'no mechanism' for 'upping the limit'
    I found that IF (also run by HBoS) wouldn't increase my credit limit...but Virgin, LTSB, M&S, Mint, & Egg were very obliging. :D
  • Xstyle
    Xstyle Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if this has already been stated ... but is there a slight error in the original article?

This threw me...
    msestoozeas3.jpg
    Ask your 0% balance transfer card to do a £3,000 balance transfer from Egg Money.

Shouldn't that read "TO Egg Money"??
  • Haycorns_2
    Options
    No, but it s tricky.

The 'Debt/balance' goes from egg money and the cash goes to egg money
  • MoneyLovesCompany
    Options
    Actually, it is the debt which is transferred TO Egg Money. The cash then comes FROM Egg Money either to the credit card being paid off or to the bank account or wherever.

"Shouldn't that read "TO Egg Money"??"
  • YorkshireBoy
    Options
    sdestinyp wrote:
    Actually, it is the debt which is transferred TO Egg Money. The cash then comes FROM Egg Money either to the credit card being paid off or to the bank account or wherever.

"Shouldn't that read "TO Egg Money"??"
    No.............
  • BaronGreenback_2
    Options
    I could do with a cheap loan, and M&S 3.9% looks pretty appetising - especially as I don't have to keep shifting the debt. Has anybody BT'd this over to Egg Money, and if so, were there any complications ?
  • Charlie34
    Options
    This may seem like a silly question, but surely the credit card company employees are reading this site, and when they do, how come they don't try and close the loopholes that allow people to stooze?

Charlie. :rolleyes:
  • Paul_Herring
    Paul_Herring Posts: 7,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Charlie34 wrote: »
    This may seem like a silly question, but surely the credit card company employees are reading this site, and when they do, how come they don't try and close the loopholes that allow people to stooze?
    By and large they have. They've introduced/increased the fees which effectively offset the interest gained by stoozing.

I expect it won't be long before they increase them again to effectively offset the savings gained by tarting soon.
    Conjugating the verb 'to be":
    -o I am humble -o You are attention seeking -o She is Nadine Dorries
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family