signed off or thinking about it?

Options
just to let you know (if you dont get told) is when you get your 20 days resettlement, if you choose to do a course with your 530 quid you get you can claim upto 80 pounds per night for a hotel, better still if you stay at a mates or family you can claim 26 pounds per day. also you can claim upto 21 pounds for food per day

20 day course = 520 quid for free

Comments

• Cat695
    Cat695 Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    Options
    just to add if you don't spend the whole 21 pound one day you can add it to the next and so on!!! bet you didn't know that!!!

and its legit

you can't claim the 26 quid if your staying at your permenant home address though (ie parents or your own house)
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have failed to plan properly

I've only ever been wrong once! and that was when I thought I was wrong but I was right
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Food is £24.52 now per day, with £5 a day incidental expenses (telephone calls, washing, newspapers etc).

Regards,

Alias
  • marcustandy
    Options
    Cat695 wrote: »
    just to add if you don't spend the whole 21 pound one day you can add it to the next and so on!!! bet you didn't know that!!!

and its legit

I just phoned the AO ref this and he laughed at me before putting the phone down!! :mad:

Any idea where I can see it in B&W (i.e. JSP) and then go shove it . . . . . . well, under his nose at least!! :rolleyes:
  • Cat695
    Options
    mate if i was at work and not on leave i would get the JSP for you (well the AGC lad i work with anyway)

and it was our RAOWO that told us (have to say our RAOWO is very good)

i think thats the biggest problem with these claims it differs so much from unit to unit and JSP are never that deffinative in an answer, its really how each person reads it

you could write a letter to soldier mag and see if they can get a clearer answer

I've only ever been wrong once! and that was when I thought I was wrong but I was right
  • lee634
    lee634 Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Options
    True the £21 /day can be added up so in effect you could have £105 for a 5 day course,
    not eat anything days 1 - 4 and have a slap up meal day 5 fully legit,
    Problem with some clerks they don't know what you can claim these days!!!
  • Cat695
    Options
    lee634 wrote: »
    True the £21 /day can be added up so in effect you could have £105 for a 5 day course,
    not eat anything days 1 - 4 and have a slap up meal day 5 fully legit,
    Problem with some clerks they don't know what you can claim these days!!!

yep...i think its BAD form that units don't give proper breifings on what you can claim

another big missed one by most living in people is that you can claim back your food for weekends (by sticking in a leave pass on JPA for every weekend, no leave lost but food returned)

its about 36 quid a month pays for your sky!!!!

• lee634
    Options
    yeh this is just being mentioned on another thread now,
  • downs523
    downs523 Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cat695 wrote: »
    yep...i think its BAD form that units don't give proper breifings on what you can claim

another big missed one by most living in people is that you can claim back your food for weekends (by sticking in a leave pass on JPA for every weekend, no leave lost but food returned)

its about 36 quid a month pays for your sky!!!!
    yes this is 100% true as i used to do it before payd came in
  • marcustandy
    Options
    I just phoned the AO ref this and he laughed at me before putting the phone down!! :mad:

Any idea where I can see it in B&W (i.e. JSP) and then go shove it . . . . . . well, under his nose at least!! :rolleyes:

Credit where it's due . . . . . . . .

A SNCO from the Admin office actually confirmed this to be true today. He called it 'the good old roll-over effect'.

Silly me for thinking an officer (the AO even) might know his job! Good ol' SNCO's rescued the day!!

BTW, he also offered to brief me up on anything I might be missing out on so :T:T:T for the AGC (today at least!!).
  • lee634
    Options
    Credit where it's due . . . . . . . . It's his job

A SNCO from the Admin office actually confirmed this to be true today. He called it 'the good old roll-over effect'.

Silly me for thinking an officer (the AO even) might know his job! Good ol' SNCO's rescued the day!! he just sign's forms doesn't know what they mean

BTW, he also offered to brief me up on anything I might be missing out on so :T:T:T for the AGC (today at least!!). once again HR/Clerks what ever you may want to call them IT"S THEIR JOBS

please don't big anyone up they then may start to think they are more important than you. we all have a job to do, their's is telling us if we can have the claim
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure