We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Analogue hi8 tape to dvd? How?

Options
2»

Comments

• Michw_2
    Options
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, when you're connecting your laptop to the TV, whether its a composite (yellow phono), S-Video (round with pins), VGA, DVI or HDMI, you'll be using an OUTPUT from the laptop. I've never seen a laptop that has an input of these types. BTW you want to use an S-Video for the best quality from your Hi-8 camcorder. I have a similar job to do, but it IS hassle, it IS technical and I haven't got round to it...
    HTH
  • Rupes
    Options
    Hi8 tapes can contain either analogue or digital recordings. This is because these tapes were introduced at the time when 8mm camcorders were moving from analogue to digital format.

This is important because if you have a digital recording you need to use Firewire and Digital Capture in order to preserve the orginal quality.

Only use composite cables (yellow/red/white) for analogue recordings.

If you prefer you can use a video transfer company. I have heard good things about BlueTurtleVideo.co.uk
  • MarcusMiller
    Options
    Hey, my old mans company does this kind of thing if anyone is still looking. Ask for Terry and tell him Marcus sent you and he may even give you a 10% discount. I can't promise that, he is a bit of a tightwad but... you can try it on in the spirit of moneysaving. )

They are called Vinyl to Digital. Google them and you will find them.
  • societys_child
    Options
    Marcus the Idiot spams 6 year old thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business