Cd-rw

Options
Cant seem to figure this one out:

I have Nero Burning Rom when burning CDs. I have an MP3 player in my car therefore I burn tracks as MP3 files onto CD-R....which is all good....burns no problem.....plays in car. I then thought I might as well start buying CD-RW CDs so that I can do as above...but at the same time...I can re use the CDs.....however when I come to do this, burn the CD via Nero Rom that is, my computer freezes and Nero wont do it!Any ideas why??? I have downloaded and tried other burning software...but no joy!

Regards

Comments

• BobToo
    BobToo Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    Your writer must not like the make of CD-RW you've bought. You would probably find your car player was less than pleased about the prospect of playing RW discs anyway. Not many audio CD players accept CD-RWs.
  • paxy
    paxy Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried other software to burn the CDRW? If you have windows XP then you can use this to burn your discs rather than Nero - this will rule out a software problem. Are there any firmware updates for your CDRW burner? Try the manufacturers website - but this is not for the faint hearted!
  • JABWootton
    Options
    Have you tried to erase the CD-RW in Nero first (Even if you have a brand new CD-RW it sometimes works)
    Also, be aware that some in-car MP3 players do not play CD-RW as these disks are not "Closed" as the CD-R disks Have a Lead in and Lead Out placed on the disk and are Closed by Nero therefore not enabling you to record anything else
  • bootcampbilly
    Options
    You can finalise CD-RW too if I remember correctly
  • JABWootton
    Options
    Yes but CD-R's are so cheap these days
  • Pulse
    Pulse Posts: 389 Forumite
    Options
    I was going to say the same as JAB Wootton. I burnt 30 discs the other day, but am now using MP3 discs in my car, and thought nothing much of giving them to my cousin to use or chuck away, because the discs were so cheap! I think I paid a tenner for 100, and this was about 2 years ago! They must be ridiculously cheap now.
  • smcicr
    smcicr Posts: 365 Forumite
    Options
    as has been said above - it was always the case that you cannot do what you are trying to do with cd rw discs. in order for players to be able to read the disc (players = stereo's) the disc has to be finalised - once the disc has been finalised you cannot write anything onto it again. defeats the object.

on the other hand if your car has an aux input then the other option is to buy an mp3 player and use that plugged into the stereo :)
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." (Mark Twain)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure