Mold

Options
I noticed a few small wet patches on the our kitchen ceiling which is below the bathroom. I then discovered that the sealent around the bath (which has a shower in it - used daily) has a few cracks. I then removed the bath panel to have a look and to my horror noticed that the wall was black with mold!

Obviously I know the source of the water causing the problem so can fix that but I need to remove the mold ASAP. The problem that I have is accessing the wall to treat it as the far side is the width of the bath away and therefore difficult although not impossible to reach. Any suggestions on how I can treat this without removing the bath.

Comments

• ameliarate
    ameliarate Posts: 7,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The only think I know of would be spray with one part bleach to three parts water then scrub. Then do it again.

Good luck.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
  • smk77
    smk77 Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ameliarate wrote: »
    The only think I know of would be spray with one part bleach to three parts water then scrub. Then do it again.

Good luck.

Thanks.

I've been reading up on bleach already and, although many people recommend this, a lot of the info I read says not to as it doesn't get rid of it. B%Q sell Polycell stuff for £6 which:
    Polycell mould killer contains a powerful fungicide which kills and removes mould. It totally prevents re-growth in one single application. Ideal for preparing mould prone areas before painting to give a better paint finish

Not as cheap as bleach but I don't want the hassle of doing it again in a few months time. I'll just use a small roller to get to the difficult to reach parts and cross my fingers! Will do it in a couple of days when it has had the chance to dry out a bit and in the meantime I'll re-seal the bath.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure