Stuck Window!!!

Options
Hi all,

I recently went to open one of my double glazed windows. I turned the handle and pushed but nothing happened!! I've taken the handle off and it still works the problem is that one side of the window disengages the locks whilst the other side doesnt!!

Basically I'm wondering if there is anyway of freeing the window without damaging it or am i going to have to get someone round??

Thanks Jordan

Comments

• captainhaddock
    Options
    you'll need to take the glass out of the frame(the glazing bars come out quite easily using a knife and a screwdriver to ease them out) then you'll find there is some flexibility in the frame which should be enough to free it,the lock mechanism will be broken,you can either buy another, or remove the the rod that has stuck, they just unscrew and they are usually long threads,(you'll need to remove the metal plate,2 or 3 screws) when it's fully unscrewed it will get tighter and you will feel it click,it will then be dis-engaged, just pull it out and the same for the other side,you then have the choice of replacing the lock or leaving the rods off,good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure