Dusty Carpet Problems - Can You Help

Options
Hi
I have a carpet in my conservatory. When my neighbour had an extension built (fairly close to my home), there was obviously lots of dust created and it appears that some of it has gotten into my conservatory somehow (well that's the only explanation I can think of for the carpet being dusty now).

Anyway, the room next to the conservatory has laminate and if you walk into there from the conservatory, you can see dusty footprints on the laminate.

I've tried hoovering but I can't seem to get rid of the dust, does anyone have any idea what I can do to get rid of it?

Thanks

Ms C xx
Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time

Comments

• TimBuckTeeth
    Options
    Could hire a more powerful vacuum cleaner or carpet cleaner (rugdoctor type thing).
    It is possible that the carpet is disintegrating, the sunlight and extremes of temperature in a conservatory can damage the backing material of the carpet.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,002 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Carpets need regular vacuuming with an upright vacuum cleaner with a beater bar to lift the dust out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure