We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Train v Car to Stansted from Arundel?
mum_to_izzy
Posts: 114 Forumite
in Motoring
Hi, I am not sure with transport to use next month to get to Stansted Airport. It seems if I drive it will take about 2 1/2hrs, but driving back from London yesterday the traffic on M25 heading North was stand still, so would have to allow another hour or so I would imagine. The train would take just over 3hrs, direct from Arundel to London Victoria, Victoria underground to Tottenham Hale and then to Stansted. But doing a costing, its going to be £85 for 2 adults, return 2days later.
I'm not a regular train user, so not really sure how it works but I had no idea it would be that expensive, I thought it would cost the normal fare of around £13 to Victoria and then a few ££ for the underground pass?
I'm not a regular train user, so not really sure how it works but I had no idea it would be that expensive, I thought it would cost the normal fare of around £13 to Victoria and then a few ££ for the underground pass?
0
Comments
-
Stansted is way outside the underground area - you are paying an additional rail fare for this part of the journey.
And £13 is not the price of a return Arundel to Victoria - it's twice that if you don't return the same day.
You could save a bit by getting the bus from Victoria to Stansted0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards