We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Pioneer KEH P4530R Removal
Hi
I am looking to replace the above system in a Honda Accord with a CD unit.
I am now trying to remove the Pioneer unit from the car but I can't how to remove it.
I think there may be two slots to put a removal tool but I don't want to damage anything.
Has anybody had any experiance of this or a similar unit, and is the a special removal tool I should use.
I was going to get Halfords to fit it for £19.99 but decided to save the money, I now realise the best option would have to just let them fit it but before I give in, I thought I would just see if anybody had removed one of there before.
I have found the instructions on line but it does not mention removing the unit.
Thanks in advance if anybody does reply.
Martin:beer:
I am looking to replace the above system in a Honda Accord with a CD unit.
I am now trying to remove the Pioneer unit from the car but I can't how to remove it.
I think there may be two slots to put a removal tool but I don't want to damage anything.
Has anybody had any experiance of this or a similar unit, and is the a special removal tool I should use.
I was going to get Halfords to fit it for £19.99 but decided to save the money, I now realise the best option would have to just let them fit it but before I give in, I thought I would just see if anybody had removed one of there before.
I have found the instructions on line but it does not mention removing the unit.
Thanks in advance if anybody does reply.
Martin:beer:
Been there, done that, now I want to do it cheaper!!
0
Comments
-
You normally have two prongs supplied with the radio, similar to this...
http://shop.dingocroft.co.uk/acatalog/lrt-86-006.JPG0 -
Pioneer ones are quite simple, I think 2 bent coathangers might work.0
-
Hi
Thats what I thought I needed, I bought some from Halfords but they were the old fashioned pin style ones.
I suppose I need now to find if there is a special removal tool for this particular radio, by the end of this it would probably have been cheaper to let them fit it, which I think I will now do.
Thanks for the advice.
MartinBeen there, done that, now I want to do it cheaper!!0 -
Most pioneers can be removed with a cable tie slid down each side in the centre and pull unit out with fingers in cassette hole.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
