We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Cheap rail tickets available for regular day return travel?
Hi,
I'm a student at Manchester. Next semester, I only have to go to letures for two hours on a Wednesday afternoon. I'm currently looking for work in my hometown of Hull. If I can get a job, that combined with only having to pay minimal board to my mum means its cheaper for me to live with her and commute to Manc-land every Wednesday.
I have a student railcard, but even with this, the cheapest rail tickets I can get are advance normal ones, with the morning ticket (unfortunately early enough to be peak time) setting me back round about $12 (thats pounds, my keyboards broken) and the evening one costing about $6 or $7. Does anyone have any idea if theres any kind of ticket I can buy, because I'll be going every week on the same day, same train time until mid-December.
Any suggestions really appreciated. Thanks a lot.
I'm a student at Manchester. Next semester, I only have to go to letures for two hours on a Wednesday afternoon. I'm currently looking for work in my hometown of Hull. If I can get a job, that combined with only having to pay minimal board to my mum means its cheaper for me to live with her and commute to Manc-land every Wednesday.
I have a student railcard, but even with this, the cheapest rail tickets I can get are advance normal ones, with the morning ticket (unfortunately early enough to be peak time) setting me back round about $12 (thats pounds, my keyboards broken) and the evening one costing about $6 or $7. Does anyone have any idea if theres any kind of ticket I can buy, because I'll be going every week on the same day, same train time until mid-December.
Any suggestions really appreciated. Thanks a lot.
....I'd rather have two minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special....
0
Comments
-
I would say that less than £20 return from Hull is pretty good to be honest. Do Transpennine Express still do even cheaper student tickets?0
-
Hi,
I'm a student at Manchester. Next semester, I only have to go to letures for two hours on a Wednesday afternoon. I'm currently looking for work in my hometown of Hull. If I can get a job, that combined with only having to pay minimal board to my mum means its cheaper for me to live with her and commute to Manc-land every Wednesday.
I have a student railcard, but even with this, the cheapest rail tickets I can get are advance normal ones, with the morning ticket (unfortunately early enough to be peak time) setting me back round about $12 (thats pounds, my keyboards broken) and the evening one costing about $6 or $7. Does anyone have any idea if theres any kind of ticket I can buy, because I'll be going every week on the same day, same train time until mid-December.
Any suggestions really appreciated. Thanks a lot.
I think you've already sussed out the cheapest tickets. You could try splitting at Leeds, but my guess is it will come out more.0 -
oh well, it was worth asking, just in case anyone had any secret tip that I didn't know about!! Thanks for your suggestions anyway!....I'd rather have two minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special....0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards