We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PALS - Patient Advice and Liaison Service

Options
What stars they are!

Have been phoning my hospital consultant's secretary several times a week throughout October to try to get a form completed for the DVLA. Eventually phoned and emailed PALS and very quickly had a phone call from them. Later that day the consultant's secretary phoned to say the form was being faxed to the DVLA!

I believe every Primary Care Trust has to offer a PALS service: my understanding is that it's meant to offer an alternative to making a formal complaint, which I've been on the verge of making on several different occasions! Although they don't have a lot of formal clout, they seem to get things done and if they can't they know who to refer your problem to!

The DVLA have been pretty helpful so far, as well!
Signature removed for peace of mind

Comments

• Lady_E
    Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    Have to agree with Savvy Sue . The PALS service at the hospital I was treated at were amazing , managing to locate my file from ten years ago before I was married and finding the current location of the Consultant who treated me. Fab people and quite friendly . WELL DONE Whittington Hospital, London .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport