We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Shopping Overcharged

Options
There seems to have been quite a lot of publicity recently about safe internet shopping, however none of it addresses the situation I have come across twice recently.

On two occasion within the past month the retailer has charged my debit card in excess of the amount shown at checkout on thier website. Ok the amounts have been fairly small. On one occasion it was WH Smith and amounted to 6p which they refunded to my card after being e-mailed. On the second occasion it was Daxon and amounted to £2.45 and I am having to do cartwheels to get this back.

Neither of these incidents have had dire consequences for me however it does strike me that firstly, even small amounts could send someone overdrawn and be liable to charges, and secondly that if they can take small amounts willy nilly, they can probably take much larger amounts too.

Shouldn't consumers be insisting on some type of safegaurd against this type of situation?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• caz1965
    caz1965 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Check my story about Sports World/Donnay.
    They took £84.00 too much this week, and still waiting for a full refund and explanation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport