How do I find old seller?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
3 replies 547 views
muzermuzer Forumite
95 Posts
I was looking at some items from a particular seller a couple of months ago but now can't remember his ebay user id ( I can remember a bit of it but not the full name). Unfortunately i've tried searching for him and can't find a record. Is there a tool I can use to only put in part of the id which will do a more general search and help me to find him? Thanks

Replies

• SpinnerSpinner Forumite
    169 Posts
    The eBay user search will offer close matches to your submitted name - might do the trick!
  • $17mma$17mma Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    muzer wrote:
    Is there a tool I can use to only put in part of the id which will do a more general search and help me to find him? Thanks

Why dont you check your Paypal account for all payments made, There you will find the list of sellers that you paid and the items you paid for..

If you have a Paypal account that is..
    All it takes for evil to succeed is for a good man to do nothing!
  • TheChillPillTheChillPill Forumite
    657 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I got the impression from his original message that he had only looked at some of the sellers items, not bought anything - if thats true, there won't be any record of a transaction.

One possible way would be to do a search for the type of item again, in the hope that he/she is still selling the same kind of item?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals