Anyone use a Pressure Cooker??

Options
Ive been reading around WikiAnswers and HowStuffWorks etc. From what I can see these pressure cookers are infinetly better that using a conventional electric oven both in terms of cooking time, taste of food, and energy consumption?

Anyone got any facts or figures or a story?

Comments

• Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Options
    I use one for some things and it's definitely a quick way to cook. There's been a lot about these on the Old Style board so it'd be worth doing a search. There are also quite a few threads there on cutting fuel consumption by batch cooking, using slow cookers and remoskas etc. My favourite board!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I used mine twice already this morning. Made a soup, which will last 3 days. 5 minutes at high pressure. Energy cost about 2p

Made a rich stew which will also do 3 days (2 lots in freezer) took 15 mins and cost about 6p max

no contest as far as I am concerned. I use mine on a portable induction hob so absolute minimal wasted heat
  • dannymccann
    dannymccann Posts: 567 Forumite
    Options
    Whats the old style board? Im a general lurker on here, most questions get answered before I ask them and I was unsure where to put this thread :beer:
  • Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Options
    Whats the old style board? Im a general lurker on here, most questions get answered before I ask them and I was unsure where to put this thread :beer:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=33

Enjoy!
  • JohalaReewi
    JohalaReewi Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Options
    Have used one and they are very handy. Especially for christmas puds. Just have to make sure you have put enough water in at the start otherwise it can boil dry (not good).
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    If you want to 'replace' your expensive to run oven with a much cheaper (to run!) alternative, how about a Remoska? Everything that can be done in an oven can be done in a Remoska, apparently. The standard size is rated at 450 watts and the Grande (large) is 650 watts. Very large, informative thread here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=10314&highlight=remoska
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • Francesanne
    Francesanne Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ive been reading around WikiAnswers and HowStuffWorks etc. From what I can see these pressure cookers are infinetly better that using a conventional electric oven both in terms of cooking time, taste of food, and energy consumption?

Anyone got any facts or figures or a story?

I love:T my pressure cooker (Tefal) and have been using one for over 20 years my last model lasted me 10 years and I'd be lost without one. Can cook a chicken stew in 20 minutes, Oxtail stew in 25 mins, homemade soups in 20 minutes, the list is endless. I use it virtually every night. I had a gas cooker before having a new kitchen fitted and my quarterly bill for the cooker was on average £8.00 a quarter.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive had my Pressure cooker for years (15), and I cannot fault them, ideal for stews or cassoroles, cooks potatoes in 6 mins, no taste loss, reliable, sturdy and last forever.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing