Tesco clubcard deals

Options
Has anyone exchanged their clubcard vouchers for weekend breaks in one of the hotels listed (Hilton, Ramada, McDonald etc)?

I am currently saving vouchers for this purpose, but wondered how easy it is to get the weekend you actually want when you come to book it. I have been caught out before with other deals where various hotels offer their own 'special offers' only to find that they are impossible to get.
Perhaps I have just had bad luck but I seem to have had the words 'not available' pop up too many times for my liking.

I would like to hear about where anyone stayed and what it was like. Thanks
I've been punched, kicked, bitten, head butted and almost strangled. So don't blame me for having a dark sense of humour !

Comments

• sugarmouse
    Options
    Hi there

I have booked one night at the Marriott in Glasgow with my vouchers. It is very easy. Send your vouchers up to be changed into the hotel vouchers. Ring the hotel and book your room and tell them that you are paying with your vouchers. You then just hand over your vouchers when you get there.

Easy peasy.

Sugarmouse
    Sugarmouse Money Supersaver!!
  • RudolfHucker
    Options
    Thanks Sugarmouse. Just got to find one with a swimming pool, some great places to go hiking and it will be perfect.
    I've been punched, kicked, bitten, head butted and almost strangled. So don't blame me for having a dark sense of humour !
  • Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Sugarmouse. Just got to find one with a swimming pool, some great places to go hiking and it will be perfect.

Not sure how far you want to travel but there is a McDonalds at Kinloch Rannoch in Scotland which should fit your bill.

I am glad you asked this as I am considering saving for this myself.
  • joe13
    joe13 Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Rudolphhucker

We used our clubcard points recently for the Marriott in Lincoln. No problem booking or paying when we left with the vouchers. It is right on the waterfront and I would recommend it for a city break. I have just send off some more clubcard points to enable us to book another break. They are excellent value.
  • Yorkielass
    Yorkielass Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we were only thinking of doing this yesterday - thinking we might try and save them up for a couple of nights in a hotel at the start of our honeymoon - want to go to Scotland - will investigate further :D
    Initial Mortgage January 2024 - £160,000
    Initial Mortgage free date - January 2058
    Mortgage as of 1st February 2024 - £159,134.98
    Overpayments to date - £79.62
    Current Mortgage free date - January 2058
  • gkf
    gkf Posts: 404 Forumite
    Options
    What rate do they charge? We have stayed at Hilton in the past with their weekend breaks where you have dinner on the first night and breakfast on both nights. Can the vouchers be used to purchase one of these offers?
  • Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Options
    From other posts here and looking at the Clubcard website, you cannot use your vouchers on offers.
  • spender
    spender Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you stay at the Marriott any night of the week or does it have to be weekends only?
    No Matter what you do there will be critics.
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Options
    We stayed at The Mount Royal (Ramada jarvis) in Edinborugh for 3 nights. When I rang to book they gave me one price, but when I mentioned paying by Club Card Deals, she came back with a price £80 higher.

There was no way around it, but luckily I had the Deals to pay the full price.
    :j
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Agree with above post. No probs booking, but expect to pay the brochure price for the room.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport