PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help - Halloween outfit

My son has a fancy dress halloween party to go to tonight with the beaver scouts.

The parents were only told yesterday and I haven't had a chance to get something for my son to wear.

There will be a prize for the best dressed kid.

My son (bless him) suggested that he wear his superman outfit but I've told him it's halloween fancy dress.

The only thing I can think of is to cut a couple of holes in an old sheet and send him as a ghost or try and scrounge an outfit from friends when I see them at school at 3pm. Unlikely as everyone elses children will be going to fancy dress parties tonight.

Any more ideas? I haven't got a sewing machine and only have a few hours left.

Comments

• Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    We went to a Halloween party yesterday and there was a boy dressed as Spiderman so Superman isn't that bad an idea.

How about Dracula? black trousers, white shirt, cape, white face with black eyes and blood running down chin and a set of cheap fangs. If you have black eyeliner and red lipstick you would only need to buy white face paint and some fangs.

Make a cape from a bin bag or any old black clothes cut up and opened out. (I once made one from a pair of trousers unpicked up the seams and tacked together.
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• If they give points for ingenuity rather than sewing skills he could go as a serial killer -they look just like everyone else, may be with wide staring eyes & a few twitches.

Shame you couldn't wrap him up in net curtains as the corpse bride.

Um.... do you have a carved pumpkin? If he puts his collar up high he could be a headless man.
    Still wish I could buy a TARDIS instead of a house!
  • Jet
    Jet Posts: 1,624 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    If they give points for ingenuity rather than sewing skills he could go as a serial killer -they look just like everyone else, may be with wide staring eyes & a few twitches.QUOTE]

What a great idea! :D I suggested it along with the dracula idea but he is adamant he wants to go as a ghost. I've cut up an old sheet, cut 2 holes for eyes and he's drawn a few pumpkins on the front of it.

How cheap and old style is that? :T
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    I hope you've kept the holes that you cut out so that you can sew 'em back in again :D:D.... in true OS styleee :rotfl:
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Hi im off to a party and need a really funky yet cheap costume, im going for the homemade option. I have thought of a cat as it is easy but I would like something a bit more exciting.

Any ideas please!!

thanks
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    A witch is always a good option and there are so many accessories around in the pound shops, supermarkets etc that you can make a fab witches costume for very little. My friend did a great witch for our party last year, she embroidered spiders and bugs over a plain black top and skirt, cut the bottom of the skirt, wore stripy tights, boots, a big pointy hat and had spiders dangling from it. She got a broom fro asda (I think) she looks brill...oh and a large green nose!

Devil-red top and skirt, red fishnet tights, some devil horns, maybe a tail, some dramatic make up.

Zombie-torn clothes, face paint...done!
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    cazzie wrote:
    Hi im off to a party and need a really funky yet cheap costume, im going for the homemade option. I have thought of a cat as it is easy but I would like something a bit more exciting.

Any ideas please!!

thanks

Hope these links help:-
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A giant pumpkin!
    only seen this done once and it was great.... with a stalk and leaf hat and green tights.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • bltchef
    bltchef Posts: 292 Forumite
    you could dress in black stick small box of cornflakes on your clothes with plastic knives sticking out of the boxes and go as cereal killer sad i know but cheap
  • FZwanab
    FZwanab Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Hi I am looking to make 2 halloween costumes for a son age 6 and daughter aged 4, they have to be able to be worn in school during the day. They would also have to be fairly simple to make as I am only starting to be aquainted with my sewing machine. So if anyone has any ideas and how to make the costumes I would be delighted to know.
    Penny xxx
    Old age isn't bad when you consider the alternative.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure