PayPal Dispute Resolution

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
1 reply 643 views
Chalky87Chalky87 Forumite
851 Posts
Hello,

I currently have an ongoing dispute with a seller about an item bought on eBay...the seller has provided me with tracking information for Recorded Delivery (RM) but obviouslly the package has not arrived.

The claim was started on the 19th Oct. since then I have had nothing from PayPal, but I check the case regularly and on the 26th the status changed to "waiting for fax" and then on the 30th "reviewing case" with no deadline given of a resolution. Can anyone enlighten me as to the process which the seller would have gone through here...because PayPal seem pants on this one!

It seems to me like they're giving information at the very last deadline just so I dont get my money back...really annoying!
Stuff Happens As Wave of Ambiguity Spreads
:cool:

Replies

• masonicmasonic Forumite
    15.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the package is not showing as delivered on the RM website, then they are probably trying to buy themselves some time, hoping you will get it before the dispute is closed. I don't think paypal will wait much longer. Unless the website shows the item as delivered, or the seller can fax them the appropriate signature, you will win the case and the seller will be left to make a claim through RM.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals