Looking for 0% interest card for travelling

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
3 replies 1K views
n57602000n57602000 Forumite
534 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Going travelling end of the month for a year and looking for a credit card just to have with me just in case i run short of money etc... but i need one which provides me with 0% interest for between 1 to 2 years so i dont pay stupidly high costs any good deals out atm?
No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3

Replies

• Robert_Sterling_3Robert_Sterling_3 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    What we need and what we can get are not always the same.
    Nationwide might be hard to beat in your situation.
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
  • RafterRafter Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Nationwide offer doesn't last long enough, but worth getting a nationwide current account and debit card to save you £'s on your ATM withdrawls and purchases overseas on the conversion.

The only one long enough for you is Capital 1 but that is only going to be on balance transfer offers.

Best thing is probably to carry a nationwide credit card for emergencies and then apply for a zero % card to transfer the balance to. Although lack of any income while you are travelling may make it a bit tough to get accepted.

Good luck and have a great trip.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
  • I would definity get a Nationwide current account and credit card. I just applied for the current account at a branch and they said I could have a credit card after they did the credit check! I have taken the Nationwide cards abroad twice instead of taking cash and it was great. Used them in cash machines, shops, and hotels! If you need interest free why not see if you can get the Nationwide card then transfer a non-existant balance from Nationwide to Capital One (or similar), then pay off what you didn't use when you get back.

Lee
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides