Saved on car insurance

Options
Heard Martin on Radio2 last Friday, so logged onto the site, and glad I did as it saved me £46 on my car insurance.
I recently changed my cars from an MG Metro to a Metro Sport, both having exactly the same engine specs, just the MG had the refineries.
My insurance ends on 17th November so I already had a quote for the MG, and was supprised when my quote for the Sport was £12 more expensive. Normally I would have just paid it, but this time I thought no something dodgey here.
New to the forum so won't name the insurance company (not sure if its allowed) but having used confused.com as recommended got a quote for £98, better than my original quote of £144, and the new quote has legal protection.

So phoned my original insurance company, to cancel and just to query the difference in the policy pricing, I asked the group of the Sport and for some strange reason their groupings are from 11-99, the Sport was Group 28, I asked the MG group and surprisingly it was Group 28!!!, I asked why the difference in policy price, and was just told " Yes we will cancel that for you if you can send the certificate back...

I also have my buildings and contents with this same company and will be looking to take my customer elsewhere when the policy is due.

But thanks again for some good advice, now searching the site for other money saving advice..I have a feeling soon I will be quids in as they say...

cheers

pothole50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family