We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

'Home Bargains' Finds - Thread 3.

1…473474476478479…517

Comments

  • i bought my dog crazy, teddy loving dd the huskie last year. thought she'd love it but only played with it once:mad:. so, so disappointed. as soon as she gets a new teddy, it gets a name. this poor little huskie doesn't have one :sad:. i love huskies and not allowed the real thing. think i'll just have to adopt dd's instead :p.

    remember, a wowwee alive is for life, not just for christmas
    The £1,000 emergency fund challenge #163 - £536.16/£1000
  • maiden_scotland
    maiden_scotland Posts: 683 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 15 December 2010 at 12:45PM
    i bought my dog crazy, teddy loving dd the huskie last year. thought she'd love it but only played with it once:mad:. so, so disappointed. as soon as she gets a new teddy, it gets a name. this poor little huskie doesn't have one :sad:. i love huskies and not allowed the real thing. think i'll just have to adopt dd's instead :p.

    remember, a wowwee alive is for life, not just for christmas

    I'm wanting the husky for my son - who's 18!:rotfl: he loves huskies too :)
  • Today in Coventry i got/saw:

    • Iron Man gift set (mug, chocolate bar and i think there was something else) £1.99
    • They had various Top Gear/The Stig soap sets
    • Slogan Mugs - 69p
    • Various Cookbooks (48 pages) - 49p RRP £2.99
    • Mornflake Superfast Oats 500g - 49p
    • Italian Chopped Tomatoes 400g tin - labelled on the shelf as 29p but when i got to the till they came up as 4 for £1.
  • Does anyone know what the Queensway, Bletchley or Northmall, Edmonton Green stores are like? :)
    'They only had one cow!'
  • Ruth_honey
    Ruth_honey Posts: 2,831 Forumite
    Does anyone know what the Queensway, Bletchley or Northmall, Edmonton Green stores are like? :)
    Hoping to go to the Edmonton one any day now...:j Just waiting on my friend to be free to drive me there (not carrying all my shopping on 3 buses each way). Will report back asap.
    I've been to Bletchley & if I remember correctly, it's on a high street, not massive, but stocked full of good stuff. Any HB is fab in my book, though. I [STRIKE]don't[/STRIKE] didn't have one nearby, so anytime I visited my family, I went to the Stroud one. Or my friend & I would go on holidays in the north so we could visit several branches of HB (and usually the QVC outlets and maybe some craft shops...:D). Now I'll be spoilt for choice with Edmonton nearby & Basildon not that far away either. :T
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • macaud
    macaud Posts: 218 Forumite
    I went Christmas shopping to Dundee today and had never been in Home Bargains before so went in after reading about all the bargains on this forum.
    I love it and wished we had one nearer us. My top bargains were a top gear shower gel and soap set reduced from £4.99 to £1.99 and a Gossip Girl Board Game for £1.99- Result. Fab stocking fillers as these are my kids two fave shows.
  • Ravensthorpe today:

    Eragon's Guide to Alagaesia HB book - rrp £17.99 HB £1.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eragons-Guide-Alagaesia-Inheritance-Trilogy/dp/0385617887/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1292509697&sr=8-1
    Fur Real Zambi elephant as mentioned earlier £12.99
    Fur Real snuggimals £4.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fur-Real-Friends-Furreal-Snuggimals/dp/B0034B5XGI/ref=sr_1_4?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1292509952&sr=1-4
    Fisher Price Tractor rocker £9.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Tractor-Teeter-Totter-Rocker/dp/B001KZY4K6/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1292510137&sr=1-14
    Toy Story 3 pencil tin with some mallows and alphabet stickers 99p
    Toy Story chocolates 49p (Similar to this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toy-Story-3-Box/dp/B004DX5IY8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292510359&sr=8-2 )

    And

    Wowwee Alive Perfect Puppy Buddy £39.99 (2 of them on the sales floor when I left). There had been a Bella one, but it somehow decided to follow me home...rofl :D
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Does anyone know what the Queensway, Bletchley or Northmall, Edmonton Green stores are like? :)

    Bletchley store is medium sized (is in an old high street Somerfiels store) but usually has lots of stock! It is not my usual store but I have visited a few times and I usually go to this one when I go to Ikea!!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

    Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • flippin36
    flippin36 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    5Shoestring_204x216.jpg £3.99 I love it! My husband gave me a look when he saw it though.
  • I've got that cake stand, love it too!

    Edinburgh yesterday,

    Tinkerbell shimmer gift set, 3 pots glitter and fluffy brush, 1.29
    Cadbury snowballs going through till at 39p, shelf said 79p
    Tinkerbell art box with poster, pencils etc 2.99
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.