patience for mp3 refund

Options
i bought a mp3 player off ebay in early September and after loading it it would not work, I complainted and they blamed me and reluctantly replaced it , the second one had a fault I send it back and again they reluctantly replaced this one, the third one didn't work so they have decided to re fund me which they have done.
While this was going on in the early days a couple of buyers gave him negative feedback, I contacted them they really rubbished them.
All the time I kept my patience and it has worked out okay for me, and in a way I feel like giving them good feedback because they did respond to my emails etc. I never got cross with them so I think it worked in my favour.
thanks for reading this
(now that I have some money to burn)
no debts

Comments

• angelnas
    angelnas Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    If they have replaced the item numerous times, then you should leave positve as they did try to fulfill your purchase. Many wouldnt after that many so you were lucky.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,405 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    angelnas wrote:
    If they have replaced the item numerous times, then you should leave positve as they did try to fulfill your purchase. Many wouldnt after that many so you were lucky.
    Agreed. It is beyond my comprehension why any seller would even consider selling mp3 players, mobile phone data cables, and all the other items people find impossible to get working straight away, without a dedicated tech support service to back them up. It's ebay account suicide. I've not seen a single seller that hasn't been barraged with negs from buyers who expected them to work out of the box. Give the poor sod a pleasant surprise. :D
  • $17mma
    $17mma Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree they have attempted to accommodate you in every way and even gsve you a refund following three exchanges.

Good feedback should be left.
    All it takes for evil to succeed is for a good man to do nothing!
  • cusodave
    cusodave Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Depends on the seller to be honest. A guy i knew used to buy scrap mp3 players which had been returned to the manufacturer , then sent for disposal. He would cobble them together and sell them as either new or refurbs on ebay. The amount of returns was unsuprisingly huge so he just kept moving accounts every so often. The best items were sold under 1 long term account and the rubbish under phantoms. People used to get exchanges ok , but very few ever got refunds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure