Do sellers have to sell?

Options
I aws wondering, if a seller sold something that was much lower than its cost to them and they hadn't put a reserve on it, would they still have to send it? Would the buyer be entitled to leave negative feedback if there is a way of cancelling the auction after it's finished?

Comments

• jaffa30
    jaffa30 Posts: 19,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

In a perfect world they would have to send the item, some sellers do and some dont.

i would send it personally and take the lose.
    They should have started the auction and the least price they wanted for the item.

As for feedvack yes the buyer can leave a neg.
    Also you can file a Non performing seller complaint.

Jaffa
    R.I.P Sam, still in my heart
  • Happy_saver_4
    Options
    Could the Seller leave some neg feedback about the buyer ( a made-up lie ) to negate the buyers comments about the seller?

If this can happens will Ebay look at the facts and remove the sellers lying comment?
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing
    " Large print giveth - small print taketh away. "
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Could the Seller leave some neg feedback about the buyer ( a made-up lie ) to negate the buyers comments about the seller?

If this can happens will Ebay look at the facts and remove the sellers lying comment?
    There are only a few circumstances where ebay will remove feedback. See the Additional Information section of this page.
  • mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I've had this happen (I think). Bought a coin, it never arrived. E-mailed seller to ask when they posted it - they just gave me an immediate refund. They didn't tell me when they sent it, so seems pretty clear to me that they weren't happy with the price and just didn't send it. :confused:
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had this happen (I think). Bought a coin, it never arrived. E-mailed seller to ask when they posted it - they just gave me an immediate refund. They didn't tell me when they sent it, so seems pretty clear to me that they weren't happy with the price and just didn't send it. :confused:
    Well I hope you started a non-performing seller complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure