Bankers draft/Postal order to the States

Options
Hi

I purchased something on ebay and the terms and conditions were she did not accept paypal, but only bankersdraft/postal orders in US $. Can you send postal orders from PO in dollars, or do I need to do this through a bank?

I know there will be a charge to pay, but what is the best and quickest way of doing this? Many thanks in advance.
Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

Comments

• bleugh
    bleugh Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    how much is the item worth?,

if it isnt too much, its probably worth sending dollars CASH, NOTES ONLY, WELL CONCEALLED in the post!

only do that if they have good feedback

and also, remember, that only AIRSURE provides proof of delivery, so you can make sure payment's received
    money saving my @rse.
    I've spent 10x as much as I would if I had never discovered this website :-)
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The item comes to approx £21.00. When you send airsure, do you have to have a special envelope??? Sorry all these questions but never done this before. In dollars it is $39.99 so I could send $40.00 to cover it.

Does a bankers draft give you more safety? And also can you not transfer the money directly to their bank account? or is this what a bankers draft is?
    TIA

• larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bleugh wrote:
    how much is the item worth?,

if it isnt too much, its probably worth sending dollars CASH, NOTES ONLY, WELL CONCEALLED in the post!

only do that if they have good feedback

and also, remember, that only AIRSURE provides proof of delivery, so you can make sure payment's received

Bleugh thank you. Just been to my local PO and they confirm what you say. If I go to a major PO on Monday I can buy dollars and send Airsure.

• bleugh
    bleugh Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    make sure you wrap the dollars in 2 or 3 sheets of A4 paper AND include your ebay info in there, make sure to put some tape around the outers of the wrapping to prevent the money slipping out if one side of the envelope is slit

basically you're looking to totally remove the outline of the money to anyone that feels the envelope,

for £21 personally if they had high feedback, i'd send normal postage and save myself the money, however, thats up to you to decide :-)

Aisrure is a normal envelope, (as you probably already know by now) they just put a sticker on it
    good luck
    money saving my @rse.
    I've spent 10x as much as I would if I had never discovered this website :-)
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport