Pay pal Premier account change???

Options
Hi my paypal appears to have been to a Premier account, I no idea why?? Does any one know why they would of done this will they start charging me now for transactions....??

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Accepted any credit card payments recently?
  • rrwfotr
    rrwfotr Posts: 573 Forumite
    Options
    yep I sold some stuff, does that mean that if I sell stuff my account get's upgraded?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,406 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To accept a credit or debit card payment, you need to upgrade your account, but I can't see how you could have done it without knowing. To be honest, it's probably less hassle to stick with the premier account for selling (you can downgrade again once, but you would have to upgrade again to accept the next card payment...)

BTW, you are allowed to open a new basic account now for receiving funds not connected with selling, so you don't pay fees on those transactions.
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Options
    When I set up with paypal at first a few months back - i opted for the basic account. They put me on premier in error. I didn't realise until payment started to get refused, then they gave me a refund of charges they had levied. Decided to switch now to premier (following advice from here) and it is certainly a lot less hassle and quicker turnaround too.
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family