We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Sat Nav. HELP which 1 shall i get?
iskc85860506
Posts: 48 Forumite
in Motoring
Im not quite sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes anyway!!
I would like to get a sat nav. I am only going to using it in england so doesnt need to be able to be used abroad in any way.
I would like it to tell me when there are speed cameras.
When entering somewhere to travel to I would like to do it using the postcode funtion.
I dont want to spend more than £100 if possible and at that I would like to keep it as low as possible as I have already splashed out on one sat nav that I dont like!:rolleyes:
I currently have the Garmin streetpilot 2620 but I have to enter the start of the postcode (it wont let you enter all of it) and the street name (it wont calculate journey unless it has both) and this is abit of a pain
as
1) I usualy only have the postcode
2) it takes ages to start the journey as It takes along time entering all the info.
I dont mind if the new sat nav has a street funtion for getting you to places aslong as you dont have to enter both the postcode and the street.
Either this or does anyone know of an update or something where I can have my garmin sat nav changed so that I can enter the full postcode to get me to places without having to enter the street name aswell.
I dont know mush about sat navs so any help would be grate.
Thank you for all you help in advance
I would like to get a sat nav. I am only going to using it in england so doesnt need to be able to be used abroad in any way.
I would like it to tell me when there are speed cameras.
When entering somewhere to travel to I would like to do it using the postcode funtion.
I dont want to spend more than £100 if possible and at that I would like to keep it as low as possible as I have already splashed out on one sat nav that I dont like!:rolleyes:
I currently have the Garmin streetpilot 2620 but I have to enter the start of the postcode (it wont let you enter all of it) and the street name (it wont calculate journey unless it has both) and this is abit of a pain
1) I usualy only have the postcode
2) it takes ages to start the journey as It takes along time entering all the info.
I dont mind if the new sat nav has a street funtion for getting you to places aslong as you dont have to enter both the postcode and the street.
Either this or does anyone know of an update or something where I can have my garmin sat nav changed so that I can enter the full postcode to get me to places without having to enter the street name aswell.
I dont know mush about sat navs so any help would be grate.
Thank you for all you help in advance
Money doesn't grow on trees,:j I wish it did!
0
Comments
-
-
Tomtom ONE will do what you want. Have to subscribe to speed cameras though if you want to update them or pay £2 odd every now and again for the one at pocketgps.co.uk0
-
I'd have thought most entry level sat nav would have 7 charactor postcode search.
I've got a navman f20 that does, was the cheapest available at the time £100 (almost 18mth ago)
It also has speed camera locations, TBH I don't really see the point in it though. I only really use it for going through town centres, rest of the time a £1.99 atlas is much better0 -
Atlas is fine for finding towns, routes etc. The benefit of satnav is finding the actual local address if you do a lot of that sort of thing. It's also usefull when you are alone/on the move in the car.
Plenty of units on ebay for around £50. Thats what I paid for a Navman ICN 520 that will do all you need.:money:
Still not used one that doesn't try to send you accross golf courses, wrong way down 1 way streets etc:rotfl:I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.
Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)
Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed0 -
cyclonebri1 wrote: »
Still not used one that doesn't try to send you accross golf courses, wrong way down 1 way streets etc:rotfl:
:rotfl: Exactly...;)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards