Cancel Switch to British Gas? How?

Options
flashnazia
flashnazia Posts: 2,168 Forumite
Still very stressed and not knowing what to do about my switch from EDF online V1 to British Gas click energy 5.

At the moment the saving is £300 a year but as click energy hasn't gone up yet I don't know if I should still go ahead with it.

Click energy 5 could be pulled any minute leaving me stranded on high price island.

Plus EDF are lovely, Brtish Gas can be horrid at times.

I am still in the 7 day cooling off period. (switched last sat. 7 days starts day after and it's working days-still have until monday then I think)

But how do I cancel? There aren't any email addresses or numbers for that on website?

I would feel happier emailing them as I have read what they can be like-at least then I have it on record!
"fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

Comments

• flashnazia
    Options
    Can anyone offer any help with this?

Much appreciated!
    "fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just ring them to cancel thats what I did.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • flashnazia
    Options
    Were they ok with that and, most importantly, did the cancellation register?

I have read horrible stories of rude reps denying 7 day coolin off period etc.

What number did you ring, the normal customer service one?
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes the normal one they put me through to the right department, seems to have cancelled all ok. And have gone for a cap with Eon instead.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport