help please!

Options
I'm hoping someone can help me.

My husband is currently in JSA (Income based) and i'm a sahm to my two young children. I've passed the exams to become a lionbridge internet assessor. I'll be working 10 hours a week self employed (no more then 14hrs max) I've tried doing entitled to in order to see how our benefits would be affected. It asks if my partner is receives JSA CB but not JSA IB.

If i fill the benefit check out saying i work 1-15hrs per week and my partner works 0hrs it says we're only entitled to £4.95 Icome support per week. As a couple we get £94/week JSA IB so that would mean i'd be working and we'd be no better off (10 hours @ approx £8-9/hour) as what i'd earn would be less then the JSA.

Is this right? I'm really confused. I'm a busy mum, i suffer from M.E and depression and we're in a lot of debt (trying to earn enough money to declare self bankrupt) I thuoght me trying to work ten hours at home would help us but it doesn't 'appear' to have us any better off.

Comments

• MRS_TO_BE_2
    Options
    As you will be self employed your earnings may not be a straightforward calculation. Obviously you would be required to register with Inland revenue and pay your own tax. I would advise you to talk to the jobcentre about how this may affect your claim.

I'm bumping this post in the hope that a JSA expert sees it as I'm a bit rusty I'm afraid!!
  • MRS_TO_BE_2
    Options
    Also you may be entitled to DLA for your M.E. Its is always worth an application.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure