Wrong Car insurance Details

Options
Hi all. First post so please be kind.

The situation is that i have just taken out a new insurance policy for my car. As usual i have been requested to provide a letter confirming my NCD. The problem is that the letter has been received and states the correct amount of NCD however the details of previous claims are different to the ones i supplied for the new policy. After investigation, it appears that i supplied the correct details to the new insurance but the incorrect details to the old insurer.

So the dilemma is that if i change the details with my new insurance company to math the NCD letter i will continue to run a policy with incorrect information, or if I contact the previous insurer and inform them of my error they will cancel the NCD.

What should i do???:confused:

Many Thanks
Neil
:beer:

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    To be covered you need to ensure you have the correct info on file with your insurer.

If ever you need to make a claim in the future, then the truth will come out and if it doesn't match your proposal details the least that could happen is they deny your claim!
  • Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    Send your current insurers the letter with a covering letter from you confirming that the letter reflects the accurate information on NCD, but has incorrect claims details. Tell them that the details you have provided to them are correct and that if they would care to check with the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE), they will see that this is the case.

That covers your end and it's then up to the insurer if they want any more information. Provided they have the correct details, I don't think they will be that worried, but you never know.

The main thing is that you have to be honest with them or you could end up invalidating your policy.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport