🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EDF cockup has left me unsure if i should switch.

Options
Following Martin's email, I decided I should have a look into this capping business.
I'm currently with EDF energy and was worried about the reported price increases of last week.

As E-On were the only capped rates left I was gonna go for them. Plus the Tesco points and energy monitor appealed too.

It was only by looking at old bills & letters, that I discovered that in 2006 I signed up for EDF's limited "fixed rate until July 2010" scheme. Now here's where it gets confusing.
In August 2007 I moved house and took EDF with me, but unknown to me until tonight the fixed rate scheme was changed back to the standard tarrif. I have of course been subject to price increases since I moved. So I got on the phone earlier to EDF who said they had made a mistake when i moved last year and will now correct it with a "weird bill". She could not confirm if I would be getting a refund for any credit I might have but did advise me not to switch to another provider.

I'm now not sure if I should switch to E-On's capped (until 2009) rate or stick with EDF's 2010 fix.
any ideas before it's too late?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family