Life Assurance Novice Help

Please help as I have no clue about LA, We have an 18mth old so i want to protect her if anything happens to either of us i have just given up smoking and my partner gave up 13mths ago so I don't know whether to take out insurance for him for 18yrs and me for just 1 so i can re-insure myself when i have been nicotene free for a year or just do a joint one for a year or 18 yrs also as we aren't married do we need a will in place to ensure if the worst did happen the payout would go to the other?

Comments

• What if you don't give up!!!!!!!

I am a smoker and have 3 Life insurance policies.

Best to get them for longer periods on a level term.

I have 2 policies with legal and general who were the cheapest at the time I took them out.

The 3rd policy I have is with Pruprotect. They are going to reduce my premium if I am healthier over time including giving up smoking. They also pay for my gym membership.

Try one of these 2.

I found out about these through a financial advisor and I suggest you go to one of these. They don't charge you a fee because they make commission on the policy they sell you.

Hope this helps
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Family protection is worth going to age 25 for children nowdays. They live at home much longer now and further education is more likely.

If you are not married, then you will need to make sure the life assurance is written on joint life basis (or single life, joint owner) or in trust.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • LP1976
    LP1976 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Thank you for your help sounds like I would be better seeing a FA though!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure