To buy or not to buy... (inc.SOA)

Options

Comments

• pamelab21
    pamelab21 Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ancasta wrote: »
    Is it shameful to say we're trading both of ours in for a mini cooper S and a skyline? :o

Bye bye fuel economy, helloo horsepower :j :j :j

you will love the Mini Cooper S, I love mine but need to think more responsibly as we wish to start a family soon and its not much good for that at all. Should give us some spare cash in the bank as well just in case.
    I would def go back to a Mini when I don't need to thinkabout boot space....god wishing my life away! :rolleyes:
  • ancasta_2
    ancasta_2 Posts: 951 Forumite
    Options
    Our logic is, the skyline has 4 doors and a decent boot :laugh: still not practical like
  • Staciep88
    Staciep88 Posts: 590 Forumite
    Options
    I can understand the logic of the skyline but I dont see why you'd want 2 high performance cars, sorry just my opinon. Have you had a look at the mini one D, they are £35 p/year to tax and are great on fuel - i learnt in one of these. I know there not as high spec as the Cooper S but just an idea. I know am I looking into getting a high performance car but my partner just has an old 306 that we would use for work and mine only on special occasions
    xXx
  • ancasta_2
    ancasta_2 Posts: 951 Forumite
    Options
    Why not though? We have two modified cars now and have done before these two, they are our only perks in life.

Things will change in the future when we have kids but for the time being, we dont drink, we dont smoke, we dont go out and we dont have debt, our cars are our luxury once all the bills have been paid.

Fuel costs / tax etc arent that much of a concern to us, on our heads be it as we choose these cars, we arent forced to drive em. Well thats just my outlook on things. If a kid suddenly appeared they'd be the first thing to get scrapped :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    Options
    Staciep88 wrote: »
    No, your as young as you feel! Im only 19 so gotta maintain my 'street-cred' :D

Who pays to insure your cars for you? At only 19 to be insured to drive a 2.5 BMW & consider an Audi A3, it must be costing someone a fortune :eek:

Plus, your rent seems very low as it includes all bills. Are you living at home, or is your rental secured for a long term? If you had to move out it would cost you a lot more with bills excluded.
  • Staciep88
    Options
    Sorry I didnt mean to cause offence. I can understand that, me and OH used to both have modified cars but he switched his for work etc but I will always have modified/sporty cars - i cannot imagine driving a standard car as bad as it sounds! Me and OH are hoping to start a family in the next couple of years, but we will deal with that when the time comes. I mean i dont know about you but Im only 19, got plenty of time for kids i spose. Sorry again
    xXx
  • Staciep88
    Options
    sooz wrote: »
    Who pays to insure your cars for you? At only 19 to be insured to drive a 2.5 BMW & consider an Audi A3, it must be costing someone a fortune :eek:

Plus, your rent seems very low as it includes all bills. Are you living at home, or is your rental secured for a long term? If you had to move out it would cost you a lot more with bills excluded.

Insurance wasnt too bad for it tbh, a grand with a years no claims. And the audi is much cheaper! Parents are paying for it, my sister had hers paid for until a certain age so Im getting the same which im very greatful for.

Rent is cheap as its my parents 2nd house so we are just living there and paying £500 a month, which again i am greatful for. And we wont have to move either.
    xXx
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    Options
    Which model A3?, some of them are gutless with wheezy engines, the S3 is rather nice. :rolleyes:
  • Staciep88
    Options
    DKLS wrote: »
    Which model A3?, some of them are gutless with wheezy engines, the S3 is rather nice. :rolleyes:

This ones ok, its the 2.0ltr FSI Sport - 150 bhp. Yes the S3 is rather nice... I wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of the service bill though! :rotfl:
    xXx
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    Options
    Staciep88 wrote: »
    This ones ok, its the 2.0ltr FSI Sport - 150 bhp. Yes the S3 is rather nice... I wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of the service bill though! :rotfl:

After recently paying 2K for a service I know what you mean, although all the bits that needed replacing were upgraded :D . Servicing aint so bad if you go to an Independant Audi Garage, rather than the main dealers. Also well worth looking up the Audi Owners forums, as there is a wealth of info on there.

How about a S2000 or a Z4/Boxster, if you dont need the extra seats :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport