bt service

Options
cossie
cossie Posts: 132 Forumite
i moved into a house on the 5th july and a week later rang bt to enquire about services, i signed up to the basic line rental and paid the £50 deposit which was asked. upon talking to cs they said there is a provider on the line so its going to take 11 days to get them off and my switch on date is 31st july. ok i said no probs. later that day i get a call saying that my order has been cancelled for some unknown reason. but the guy said he will set it up again. no probs he took the direct debit details and confirmed 31st july.

anyway i rang this week and was told it was cancelled due to a provider being on the line. and they said they want 120 something pound for a new line. and i said to the woman that everything was confirmed and it supposed to be on by the 31st. anyway she said she worked for bt for 10 years and she knew more than me. and also said i do not have a physical line to my house which i do and i told her this but i was called a liar. well my credit ran out on my mobile so i had to travel to my mils house to call back. i got through to a woman who now tells me that my line is due to be active on 31st and to ignore wat the other woman said.

well i dont know what to do. any advice on what may be happening. and ive tried to plug a phone in the socket and i can hear some noise on it.

cheers

Comments

• raaboo
    raaboo Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    ring 0800 800 8800 - this is BT Openreach and they may be able to tell you directly what is happening with the line, if in doubt ring them and demand a manager to enquire!
    No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    Options
    raaboo wrote: »
    ring 0800 800 8800 - this is BT Openreach and they may be able to tell you directly what is happening with the line, if in doubt ring them and demand a manager to enquire!

What would openreach do? He's not their customer so they would flat out refuse to talk to him & just refer him back to his telephone provider!! Poor information there!
  • Seiken
    Seiken Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    cossie wrote: »
    i moved into a house on the 5th july and a week later rang bt to enquire about services, i signed up to the basic line rental and paid the £50 deposit which was asked. upon talking to cs they said there is a provider on the line so its going to take 11 days to get them off and my switch on date is 31st july. ok i said no probs. later that day i get a call saying that my order has been cancelled for some unknown reason. but the guy said he will set it up again. no probs he took the direct debit details and confirmed 31st july.

anyway i rang this week and was told it was cancelled due to a provider being on the line. and they said they want 120 something pound for a new line. and i said to the woman that everything was confirmed and it supposed to be on by the 31st. anyway she said she worked for bt for 10 years and she knew more than me. and also said i do not have a physical line to my house which i do and i told her this but i was called a liar. well my credit ran out on my mobile so i had to travel to my mils house to call back. i got through to a woman who now tells me that my line is due to be active on 31st and to ignore wat the other woman said.

well i dont know what to do. any advice on what may be happening. and ive tried to plug a phone in the socket and i can hear some noise on it.

cheers

Phone 150 and if you don't get through to the correct team straight away ask to be put through to WLR3 Service, they deal with open orders for provision of telephone service. Ask them to confirm what's happening on the account and obviously if you're not happy the escalation route is to talk to their manager next. Some people like to email the head honchos of BT directly to ensure it's getting done right, their email addresses float around this forum quite frequently.
  • topherxp
    topherxp Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like the women who gave all the guff about working for BT for 10 years, doesn't know her !!!! from her elbow.

She probably brought up the 1st order that was cancelled and didn't bother checking for any other orders.

What she was saying about working for BT for 10 years means nothing as she would have been on the new computer system for less than a year and I know people who have worked for BT for 30 years who have been completely stumped by the new system.
    If saved £2710 and only spent the interest (Based on a return of 5%), you would have enough money to pay your TV Licence every year. Saving you £7452.50 over a period of 55 years, based on you buying a license from the age of 20 until your 75 at a cost of £135.50.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure