Car Insurance Deposit

Options
Heres the story, i recently brought myself a used car a 1990 peugeot 205 to be exact since then its alllll gone wrong, the key broke off in the lock and i have no spare! Then when i got all that sorted driving it home i clipped a kerb and the tire came off the wheel hub! i ended up in a 180 degree spin on the other side of the road. Thankfully no one was injured but ive ended up with a £400 repair bill on a car worth 800 and ive had enough i've only had the car 1 and 1/2 and i am still in my2 weeks cancellation for my car insurance since i paid a £490 deposit on the insurance i would like to get it back! i have thrid party fire and theft insuracne and am going to pay monthly can i claim it back or at least some of it? PLEASE HELP!:confused:

Comments

• tinkerbell84
    tinkerbell84 Posts: 5,323 Forumite
    Options
    as long as you've made no claims, you can cancel. but the company should charge you for the cover you've used, and may charge a cancellation fee too.
  • samzlaw
    Options
    no i havent made a claim but it says something about if your paying by an installemtn plan your not entitled to your deposit back? can they do that? what are my rights?
  • tinkerbell84
    Options
    which company is it?
  • samzlaw
    Options
    quinn direct
  • tinkerbell84
    Options
    You should just be charged for the time on cover and a 35 pound admin charge.

The 'you don't get your deposit back' bit seems to apply only to cancellations after 14 days.

You should probably give them a ring.

By the way, you'll have to declare your accident for any future insurance policies even though you didn't claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure