X-Factor I don't know why, but I love it!" Blog Discussion

This is a Chat Forum discussion on Martins' "X-Factor I don't know why, but I love it!" blog that you can read here.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Claude_2
    Claude_2 Posts: 247 Forumite
    This is c***p tv at its best and sadly so addictive. There is, undoubtedly, a certain shame factor in (me) admitting to watching it, and I hide behind the fact that DD likes it! Would I, if she wasn't there? I don't know and will probably not find out :D

I'm wondering whether Simon Cowel's acts have been voted out because they were so poor or because people don't like him anymore. Indeed, I am wondering whether it is all fixed and the poor people who vote are wasting their time and money!!!

I certainly dislike the constant arguing between the "judges". It doesn't make for pleasant tv in my opinion. But what I dislike most is that each contestant is allowed to give an opinion on their performance. A bit like when sports people are interviewed and you realise that agility with a ball or speed on a track doesn't mean the athlete is articulate! Cringe!!!!

I'm also wondering whether the pool of talented ordinary people has been exhausted as the acts are quite poor this year! Or, is this just me being bored... :rolleyes: I have to admit to my boredom level being quite low......
    "There is something about the presence of a cat...that seems to take the bite out of being alone.” Louis Camuti
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    X-Factor parallels to personal finance.

People always go for the popular choice, even though they aren't the best available option. David Sneddon beating Lemar??!!! HOW?! Steve Brookestein-say no more (except more rhymes with G4)

People unnecessarily spending money. The price of 1 phone vote is hugely overinflated.

Loyalty is valued, but over-rated. Chenai was appaling on Saturday, but Sharon picked her to stay (methinks) due to Louis' decision the previous week and Sharon feeling bad about asking Chenai to leave the previous year.

I'm sure there are more parallels, but I am missing daytime TV here...
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Lady_E
    Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    I am just wondering how long Chicco can last ??? A good entertainer but he is no singer IMO. OH likes the dustbin man from London, but I think Shane will win. Nice to see BOTH channnels pitting Strictly Come Dancing v X factor against each other.Bit like Tesco v Other stores . Consumer wins by flicking channels or switching off .
  • Claude_2
    Claude_2 Posts: 247 Forumite
    bylromarha wrote:
    Loyalty is valued, but over-rated. Chenai was appaling on Saturday, but Sharon picked her to stay (methinks) due to Louis' decision the previous week and Sharon feeling bad about asking Chenai to leave the previous year.

And while the judges play their little games, cashing in large sums of money, they are also playing with the real hopes of real people. I wonder how many of the previous wanabees have had their lives destroyed by the program.
    "There is something about the presence of a cat...that seems to take the bite out of being alone.” Louis Camuti
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Could this be the winner?

http://www.jeffiscool.com/numanuma.html
  • thanks for this, just brightened up my dull day!!!!
    Regards

Sandy
  • I too am an addict. I think it is the emotion of it all.

I think for the people on the show it gives them a life changing experience. It is more than just 10 minutes of fame. I know some struggling artist say they should do it the hard way but there is the opportunity for them.

As for Chico now he has to go, he is so cheesy. Then when you hear he was a goat shepherd, you feel happy for him that he got a chance.

So what was Sharon on about this week about something warm when reviewing Shane !

My wife is not impressed with our saturday nights at the moment !!

Ricky
  • i know chenai i used to work with her..........

she is sooooo annoying!
    It is better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.....
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I really enjoyed last week's programme & thought they were all good and at least seem to be characters (& interesting), unlike other similar programmes in the past. The only thing that drives me mad is.......................

.............the way they hesitate for too long before giving out the result. It might have been ok the 1st time but loads of programmes seem to do this now and it's so irritating!
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • oops old post - ill find a more current one to comment on lol

bit dizzy today, i blame hormones lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills