🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Hotels in Nice in South of France

Options
Hi,
I am having problems getting a reasonably priced hotel in Nice. I can book the flight okay with Easyjet but the price is going up all the time as I am trying to find the hotel. I have been surfing the net this weekend looking at hotel sites but have come up with nothing and am hoping to fly out Thurs/Frid/Saturday at the latest.

Has anyone got a good hotel site I can take a look at before I end up staying in rainy England. :'(

Comments

• payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I stayed at

http://www.splendid-nice.com

no complaints ( but not sure I would call it 4*) , not far from beach and train station , albeit a bit of a walk to main shops

I found them cheap on one site (sorry can't remember which one ) and then emailed them direct and got an even better deal.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • diamondsky
    diamondsky Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi Payless,
    Thanks for the reply. I am now booked 8)

I had a look at expedia website and then found another site called hotelclub which knocked quite a bit off the expedia hotel price, I also looked directly at the hotel which came out the dearest. It was a toss up between the Splendid hotel and The Golden Tulip Grand Aston Hotel which was the one we picked, states it is a 4 star and overlooks fountains and the massena park. Looks goods in the brochure, just hoping we get a decent view! Strangely, when we first booked the flight and went back to the site the price had gone up from 875 euros for two of us to 900 but this is still a lot cheaper than anywhere else advertised. One thing about French hotels, you have to pay for your breakfast and food separate, I hope we can find some good priced places to eat and not snail stuff. ;D
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes - The deal I got with the hotel was without breakfast - but it was nice and not that expensive- also never charged us for Child's b/f, the price they matched was way cheaper than their advertised price.
    and agin no extra charge for 3rd bed (whereas the 3rd party site implied there would be)

The Tulip was also on my list

Hope you have a great time, We enjoyed it - albeit food was a bit "french" ;D

train to Monaco was cheap and fast

Watch out for Taxi's from airport - try and agree a price
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,105 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi!

I know that you have already found a hotel, but if anyone else is looking for a place in Nice, I can recommend the Hotel Aria. Website : https://www.aria-nice.com Tel: 04 93 88 30 69 Fax: 04 93 88 11 35.

They are not far from the Train station and shops, and about 10 mins from the beach. :D

Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family