Npower - Do they still so fixed rates

Options
Castle_Rock
Castle_Rock Posts: 214 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi,

I am with Npower for gas & electric & I want to get a fixed/cap rate. Does anyone know if Npower is currently doing this? I cannot see this on theire website.

Comments

• BlueCow1975
    BlueCow1975 Posts: 1,422 Forumite
    Options
    I have a feeling that they may well have pulled their fixed rates off the market. I am with N Power and rang them about 4 weeks ago re: fixed price plans - which they had on offer and were showing up on all the price comparison sites. Basically, I got talked out of it by N Power who told me "definately no proce rises on the horizon" - HA HA! Yeah, right.........

Have just switched to Scottish power tonight, which I believe were offering a better deal and longer fixed period anyhow.

If you do decide to switch to another supplier dont forget to check out the cashback sites. Got £62 cashback via quidco (as opposed to £30 from moneysupermarket).
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I switched to N power a couple of months ago - anyone know if I can swap again this soon?
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • AFIforlife
    AFIforlife Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I switched to N power a couple of months ago - anyone know if I can swap again this soon?

you can choose to switch at anytime you are only obliged to be with a supplier for 28 days because it takes this much time to switch

at the moment Npower have a fixed tariff called ONE but that will be removed from selling after the 31st and its fixed until july 2009 not sure if they are openly promoting this to existing customers though
  • ooooooh
    ooooooh Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    I'm an Npower duel fuel customer too.

Having checked out the comparison sites, I was about to switch to a fixed rate until August 2009 with Scottish Power, who's price seemed similar (slightly cheaper) to what I'd paid this year, but when I rang npower they offered me a fixed rate.

Apparently fixed rates have been withdrawn but at the moment, existing customers who threaten to leave can still get one.

They offered:

1) A fixed rate til March 2009 OR
    2) A fixed rate til August 2009 - this rate includes a '5% premium', but also includes CH boiler breakdown cover.

My duel fuel cost was £1260 last year and they advised me the second option would mean an increase of £62 per year - so with free boiler cover I'm thinking it's probably better to stay where I am. Any opinions gladly welcome :cool:
  • Always_Marvellous
    Options
    npower are not doing any fixed price deals at the moment they were stopped last week.
    :rotfl: Everything is always marvellous...eventually!:rotfl:
  • jamfool
    jamfool Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Just got through on 01668 682366. They said they would fix prices if I could give them meter readings. But the Deadline for this offer IS TODAY. they close at 8pm.

You can also dial 0800551555 and ask for a call back
  • Rainbow_Butterfly
    Options
    jamfool wrote: »
    Just got through on 01668 682366. They said they would fix prices if I could give them meter readings. But the Deadline for this offer IS TODAY. they close at 8pm.

You can also dial 0800551555 and ask for a call back

I rang them at lunchtime and was told they are doing capped til Mar09 with no extra charge or until Jan2011 for a 7% premium. I was also told I would need to give them a decision today.
  • nbelluk
    nbelluk Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I am also with Npower, and called them today as i plan to move away from them. I can howevefr confirm that they do have a capped account, but the offer ends today !!!
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I rang them at lunchtime and was told they are doing capped til Mar09 with no extra charge or until Jan2011 for a 7% premium. I was also told I would need to give them a decision today.

I've just got off the phone to npower and was told the cap until Jan2011 offer had finished 3 weeks ago. :confused: Even after insisting that a 'friend' was offered the rate at lunchtime the guy double checked and said it was not availbale now.

He also told me that if I fixed until March 2009 that I would be paying a higher rate than I was on now - approx 4% more.

The only bit of info that seems to be consistant is that the offer to cap ends TODAY.
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport