We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Royal Mail Lost Parcel

Options
On Friday, I came home from work to find a "sorry you were out" card on the doormat. It didn't say what type of package it was, only that it had been taken back to the delivery office.

I called in on Saturday morning, but there was nothing under our name on the shelf. The lad checked the special and recorded delivery areas, just in case but it wasn't there either. He called his manager in. Both had a quick look through all the other packages on the shelves but couldn't see it.

The manager apologised and said the driver who'd left the card wasn't back from his delivery. He suggested he might have left it with a neighbour and forgot to note it on the card, or our package might have been put in the wrong place. He said he would have a good search through all the left packages and speak to the driver when he came back. Either way, he took my telephone number and said he would either ring me later on Saturday and let me know what was happening.

I never got a phone call :(

I've tried ringing them up this morning, but all I keep getting is an answer machine, and nobody has returned the calls yet.

I'm planning on going down again and complaining in person later this morning, as I'm fed up now :mad:
Here I go again on my own....

Comments

• fi3007
    Options
    Check back with the sorting office as I have found a few times that you need to leave 48 hours between you getting the card and it being logged into the system at the post office.
    I work all night and work all day to pay the bills I have to pay, but still there never seems to be a single penny left for me!
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Been back this morning. Still no sign and they've promised to call me back this afternoon when the delivery driver gets back.

While I was there, the delivery driver was here trying to deliver something else here - grrr! LOL
  • rrwfotr
    rrwfotr Posts: 573 Forumite
    Options
    I've just had this problem as well, looks like you may have to fill in a p58 form for compensatation. You can pick this up at the post office assuming they not lost them either!!!
  • isayoldchap
    Options
    rrwfotr wrote:
    I've just had this problem as well, looks like you may have to fill in a p58 form for compensatation. You can pick this up at the post office assuming they not lost them either!!!

Maybe they are awaiting delivery
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    The parcel never showed up at all.

The seller kindly sent out a replacement, and they are claiming compensation for the lost parcel.

Nobody at the sorting office appears to be interested in the fact that they lost it :(
  • Stonk
    Stonk Posts: 937 Forumite
    Options
    Becles wrote:
    Nobody at the sorting office appears to be interested in the fact that they lost it :(

You appear to be making the mistake of confusing Royal Mail employees with people who give a toss. Don't worry, it won't last.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport