new gas central heating boiler

Options
derx
derx Posts: 20 Forumite
I need a new central heating and hot water boiler, and thought there might be a few summer special offers on. Found upto £850 off at Brit Gas until 31st July .... anyone else have any good offers to suggest please? ta
No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3

Comments

• notbritishgas
    notbritishgas Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    derx wrote: »
    I need a new central heating and hot water boiler, and thought there might be a few summer special offers on. Found upto £850 off at Brit Gas until 31st July .... anyone else have any good offers to suggest please? ta

You may find that BG are at least £850 more expensive than others before they take the discount off! I took advantage of the same offer last summer, although I think it was only £700 off, the price I paid for just a replacement boiler, no resiting or extra pipework, was £2200 after discount.
    The best bet is to find a local recommended plumber and get a quote from them and possibly still get a quote from BG just to compare.
  • 1carminestocky
    1carminestocky Posts: 5,256 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Britsh Gas could knock a grand off and STILL be way more expensive than a good, Corgi Regd local plumber! Don't fall for the hype, British Gas use contractors for a lot of their 'jobs'.
    Call me Carmine....

HAVE YOU SEEN QUENTIN'S CASHBACK CARD??
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • derx
    derx Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    cheers for the advice people, appreciated.
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport