We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

mums medical condition

Options
hi,
my mum and dad are going to spain but havent yet taken insurance out. this is because it coming back at £94.00 as she has asthma and sometimes her heart beats to fast she will be 60 when she is away (dad is 63).they are going away for a week and they are taking my 12 year old son will them. can anyone please help thanks

Comments

• *MF*
    *MF* Posts: 3,113 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi ...

My thoughts - I hope other members will contribute.

1) To gain an idea of costs use this link:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com

I inserted some "fictitious" details based on your post and got single trip cover as low as £11.00, mid-range about £30.00 - don't hold me to that but I wanted an idea before replying, ok?

2) Most Insurers will/may exclude medical cover for pre-existing illness, such as your mum's asthma - but I assume she will have medication she already takes in the UK - as long as she takes that with her - do you still envisage specific problems? (She should ensure she tells the Insurer of any medical conditions - even if it does lead to an exclusion)

3) Link to details of the European Health Insurance Card here:

http://www.nhs.uk/EHIC/Pages/About.aspx

Hope this helps a bit, ok?
    If many little people, in many little places, do many little things,
    they can change the face of the world.

- African proverb -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing