We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Home Insurnce Advice

Options
Hi guys, need a litle advice.

I have recently bee n looking at looking for cheaper home/contents insurance. I currently pay £41 per month for a three bed semi, and have been advised that it would be obtainable for much less that this.

I have looked on confused.com to get quotes but I am a little confused as the cheapest quote made reference to 25% APR (what does this mean?) Also are there any other things I should watch out for from much cheaper quotes, ie what if I have never heard of the broker? Any advice would be greatfully recieved.

Mant thanks

Comments

• mountainchrisriver
    Options
    Have a read through the main site insurance article:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/home-insurance

HTH :D
  • FlameCloud
    FlameCloud Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JWoo wrote: »
    I have looked on confused.com to get quotes but I am a little confused as the cheapest quote made reference to 25% APR (what does this mean?) Also are there any other things I should watch out for from much cheaper quotes, ie what if I have never heard of the broker? Any advice would be greatfully recieved.

Mant thanks

It will be because in essence, when you pay for insurance by monthly payments the company has lent you the money and you are paying it back- hence the interest.

Some charge it, some done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family