We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

McAfee Internet Security 2006

Options
PC World are selling McAfee Internet Security Suite 2006 + McAfee Quickclean for £24.99. Saw it in the paper this morning but the offer's online too (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/808205) including free delivery.

Edit: According to the newspaper, the offer ends 25/10/05 - I guess that applies online too...

Comments

• James240
    James240 Posts: 16,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Makro wholesalers have been selling this now for some time at £19.99 + vat
    Savings Total so far for 2023: £8,062.58
  • biblejohn
    biblejohn Posts: 553 Forumite
    Options
    Either way, still cheaper than the 50 odd quid it costs if you buy direct from mcafee`s website.
  • figgy1978
    Options
    Makro are selling Mcafee 2005 not 2006 at this price. I couldn't see 2006 there.
  • warning_uk
    Options
    figgy1978 wrote:
    Makro are selling Mcafee 2005 not 2006 at this price. I couldn't see 2006 there.

I'm hoping that 2006 is a radical departure from 2005 as the rules and techniques it uses are fundamentally flawed and cause more problems than they solve, in my opinion. Be aware that Norton Internet Security will remove content and links from web pages even when they're not junk. I believe that NIS is more trouble than it's worth, even at this price.

An IT Expert
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • Bob1000
    Bob1000 Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with Warning-Uk.

NIS 2005 is probably the worst thing I ever bought. It slowed the PC to zero mph from 1.5 MB, would not uninstall and I had to reinstall the windows software backup and all the patches again.

I would never buy this again!!
  • danio_2
    danio_2 Posts: 381 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    warning_uk wrote:
    I'm hoping that 2006 is a radical departure from 2005 as the rules and techniques it uses are fundamentally flawed and cause more problems than they solve, in my opinion. Be aware that Norton Internet Security will remove content and links from web pages even when they're not junk. I believe that NIS is more trouble than it's worth, even at this price.

An IT Expert

This topic is about McAfee Internet Security not Norton Internet Security.

I have had no problems at all with McAfee, But Norton is a pain in the !!!!!!.
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Options
    warning_uk wrote:

An IT Expert

I think this thread is about Mcaffee not Norton.

And anyway I love Norton Internet Securities.

A non PC/IT Expert
  • Bob1000
    Bob1000 Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    oops, I do like Mcafee as well much better than NIS
  • warning_uk
    Options
    danio wrote:
    This topic is about McAfee Internet Security not Norton Internet Security

Oops. Jumped to a very fast-and-wrong conclusion there as soon as I saw the words 'Internet Security'. For clarification, it's Norton Internet Security that I despise... never tried McAfee.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • Rob_B_8
    Rob_B_8 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    norton firewall is better though, cant get it to install on my machine at the moment though :( just do a port probe on grc.com & you'll see what i mean, norton stealths all ports but mcafee only closes them...
    W00t!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family