PPI [but which reason to use???]

Options
Hi
I do all my best friends financial stuff as she's not very good at things like that. About a year ago I told her to cancel her PP on her A&L credit card - which she did but much to their disapproval. I was aware that you can reclaim your bank charges then I noticed that you could reclaim your PP charges. My friend has had this credit card since she opened her bank account with A&L in early 1990's when she and her husband [now ex-husband] had a mortgage with them. I have since been and found as many old statements as I can and this comes to almost £900. My question is; which reason do I give for claiming these back? It was probably her ex-husband who opened this account for her, as he dealt with all the finances.Any advice would be great.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I do all my best friends financial stuff as she's not very good at things like that. About a year ago I told her to cancel her PP on her A&L credit card - which she did but much to their disapproval. I was aware that you can reclaim your bank charges then I noticed that you could reclaim your PP charges. My friend has had this credit card since she opened her bank account with A&L in early 1990's when she and her husband [now ex-husband] had a mortgage with them. I have since been and found as many old statements as I can and this comes to almost £900. My question is; which reason do I give for claiming these back? It was probably her ex-husband who opened this account for her, as he dealt with all the finances.Any advice would be great.

Hi there

I would check for more information on PPI reclaiming on this thread here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

You will find a checklist and reclaim template letters, add the reasons to the template letter.
    They have 8 weeks to respond in full and post by recorded delivery.

Good luck with this and please post up for help when required.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport