We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Renewal is the best offer - really?!?

Options
Since discovering MSE 18m ago as I was leaving uni and 'setting up home' for the first time properly I have been a true disciple....shopping around, bargaining over the phone, cashback via quidco etc etc.....

I just got my home insurance renewal through, last year went through esure, they were the best quote around 120 and got 75 cashback through quidco.

Well their renewal offer this year is 107......and I can't beat it!! Not even factoring in cashbacks!! Will wait to see if people start phoning with other offers during the week.

It feels weird to be accepting a first offer after shopping round so religiously for everything else. Has anyone else found this, that the renewal offer is actually the best one?

Comments

• Jennifer_Jane
    Jennifer_Jane Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can't you match the £107 going via Quidco, though, to get the cashback again (as a new customer - ie cancelling the automatic renewal)? I've previously done this with insurance and breakdown cover.

Jen
    x
  • EmmaJ_3
    EmmaJ_3 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    They're only offering £20 cashback now, although at least it is something. Although when I tried to do that with a car insurance the system detected that I was already with them.
  • its entirely the insurers discretion if they pay cashback/match "new customer" discounts as you arent one.

what level of cover have you got, as it sounds insanely cheap anyway!
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It may happen. I shop round each year, but we've been with the same insurer for years now. I either can't beat the quote, or can only beat it by so little that I decide it isn't worth it as I know and trust the company concerned.
  • EmmaJ_3
    EmmaJ_3 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    It's contents only, we rent, and aren't into big flatscreen tellies and the like!

Just got a phonecall from someone via comparethemarket.com and after spending 10 mins on the phone with them they couldn't beat the 107 either. So looks like it is the best!!

Feels odd staying with the same company 2 years in a row! With my car insurance I'm on company 5 in 5 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport