We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Should you inform Insurers on passing driving test

Options
should you inform Insurers on passing driving test?

Will you be Insured if you are asked by police to produce documents
your named as provisional driver on Insurance policy.
But your licence says your a full licence holder.

Will the Insurance pay out in the event of a accident?

Will you be FLYING LOW if you dont inform your Insurers getting all sorts of mixed oppinons does any one know .

have you experianced anything of the above. will thier be any additional costs ?

Basshhaaaaaaaa

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes you should as you no longer hold a provisional licence but a full one.
    Will you be FLYING LOW if you dont inform your Insurers

Its not flying low. Its committing fraud potentially. At worst they could prosecute. At best they will reject any claim.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • iceicebaby
    iceicebaby Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes you have to inform then as the risk they are insuring you for has now changed.

As dunstonh said they could also refuse to pay out any claim if they havent been told
    Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,397 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Be prepared for your premiums to shoot up as well. It is a lot cheaper to insure for a provisional driver to be taken out under supervision than it is for a newly passed river out on their own.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    flying_low wrote: »
    should you inform Insurers on passing driving test?

Will the Insurance pay out in the event of a accident?

It sounds as if the accident has already happened. What has the insurer said?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Could be trouble ahead if it has already happened, these days they often request sight of the licence when dealing with claims.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport