We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tesco Home insurance

Options
I took out Tesco home insurance in 2007 .

I didnt renew the policy in 2008 .I have now received a bill from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited (pre court division) looking £18.90 for an outstanding balance .As I had paid tesco 12 months insurance in advance and didnt renew my policy ,do I need to pay this ?
"Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"

Comments

• FlameCloud
    FlameCloud Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When you say 'didnt renew', do you mean that you phoned them up and cancelled the policy or just the direct debit?
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,749 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    FlameCloud wrote: »
    When you say 'didnt renew', do you mean that you phoned them up and cancelled the policy or just the direct debit?
    neither , my policy ran from March 2007 to March 2008 .
    It had been paid via the internet not DD .
    In March I received renewal details but I didnt renew as I took insurance elsewhere .I didnt phone Tesco .
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • FlameCloud
    FlameCloud Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The policy renewal docs almost certainly had an auto renewal clause in it (my insurance with Tescos always did) that meant if you didnt contact them they would renew the policy. As such, the cancellation fees would be applicable for the policy as it was set up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport