Somerfield - Co-op Takeover

Options

Comments

• ZootHornRollo
    Options
    i just heard co-op staff discount is changing to 5% discount plus 1% saved up and dished out at the end of the year.

is that correct?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    my local co-op is becomming a tesco and the sommerfield is becomming a sainsburys ! so it all change and hopefully for the better.
  • ecoelle
    ecoelle Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there, i'm glad it's not just me that dislikes WFM why must we spend so much time scheduling and reworking and running reports, can't we just go back to good old DSP's? The stuff i've heard about the takeover and stores closing is minimal, but as far as i know some somerfields will change to coop, some will be sold off. They are releasing lists every so often so no news is good news. To be fair as long as i still have a job i don't really ind who i work for. Anyone else on here an EPOS supervisor?
  • safesound
    safesound Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    I'm trained for it but usually only cover when the sup is on holiday like next week.
    I'm a jack of all trades me. LOL.
    :A:A:A:A:A:A
  • ZootHornRollo
    Options
    ecoelle wrote: »
    Anyone else on here an EPOS supervisor?

my partner is an EPOS/SSM supervisor. She mainly does SSM but oversees EPOS.

She is thinking along the same lines as yourself. At the end of the day you'll get paid to do a job regardless of who it is. I am told Tesco pay better so may be good if it were them.
  • ZootHornRollo
    Options
    both stores - somerfield and co-op - in our town are apparently up for sale. Which ever one sells first, goes.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I'm wondering about ours. We have both in our high street but entirely different style of stores.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • ecoelle
    ecoelle Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Regardless of who takes over i was told the pay won't change. Anyone who is on a somerfield contract will stay on it and stay on the somerfield pay, coop pay more than somerfield so it works to their advantage to retain contracts. The only people who will get more are new starters who begin working in the stoar AFTER it changes to another brand. So on the official pay rates, i will be getting less than a CSA new starter after we change to coop! Oh well, guess i'm no worse off than if the takeover had never happened so not worth getting worked up over really.
    Anyone else heard anything about pay?
  • z1985m
    z1985m Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    Not so much in response to the main thread but just a chance to mention how !!!!!! somerfield is to work for.

I've worked at the same store for the past... 7 or 8 years now full and part time, currently work "shop floor". it started off as a safeway, then morrisons for about half a year and then the dreaded somerfield, it was fine to begin with but then they made half the store redundunt. But recently (past year) it has truely been a nightmare. there is no staff at all, everytime someone leaves/ maternity / serious health issues they don't get replaced. Most of the staff are multi trained, trying to run their department while jumping on and off a checkout all day (3 members of staff at the kiosk/checkouts is a GOOD day) and trying to help struggling other departments. when ever the area manager ( :mad: ) comes on his 'visits' and one of the managers (just so happens to be a relation) tells him the on going situation his answer is simply " thats no escuse" at the moment, it actually feels on the verge of slave labour fair enough if we were getting descent pay, but we are min wage with a 10p multi tasking premium (cheers for that :rolleyes:), not only is it DANGEROUS ( at nights, sometimes there is only two csa's and a manager) but its just totally disspearing for everyone. (ofcourse it doesnt help when customers are letting rip because of the size of the ques at the tills)

so thats my moan on the "company" that is somerfield. i truly hope co-op will be better (but i'm not holding out that much luck) we however are in a small-ish town. currently there is a somerfield, a scotmid (co-op) and a small co-op with another co-op (or sctomid :confused:) in the next town. so as far as i'm aware we are up for sale......... i might be wrong, i don't take much nottice anymore.

lol........... sorry for the rant, its good to get it out.
  • ZootHornRollo
    Options
    i think the reason that they are not replacing leavers is that :

a) approaching end of the finacial year... always the same.

b) store future uncertain, won't recruit as large staff will put off potential buyer who will need to retain them under TUPE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport