Motorcycle instructors?

2»

Comments

• thetope wrote:
    i'm a year into my restriciton and i must say i'm probably one of the few people that agrees with the system as i think it encourages you to gain experience riding before you can ride at silly speeds.

Who says you can ride at silly speeds when your restriction is up as the speed limits are the same for all motorcycles regardless of power?

If anyone wants to waste money on direct access and then kill themselves on a brand new Fireblade fine, however that is nothing to do with the speed you are allowed to ride at on a high powered bike, you can ride a 125cc at 70mph and still kill yourself for a cheaper price.

***Edit By Board Guide***
    Title edited to remove unnecessary language
  • thetope
    thetope Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Who says you can ride at silly speeds when your restriction is up as the speed limits are the same for all motorcycles regardless of power?
    before you get on your high horse, have you never heard of a track day?
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

I also think "silly speeds" was a relative term.
    It's possible for a complete learner to ride at speeds that are "silly" for their capabilities and experience but still be within the legal limits.
  • loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    i drove on a restricted 550 when i passed me test... kaked meself for around an hour then i was fine,.. felt the restriction was really only top end as bike pulled away relatively well..

as for speed killin... Mmmmm i generally found it was planks in cars who hadnt seen me who tightened the sphincter muscles....

loops
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • sor_fes2
    sor_fes2 Posts: 91 Forumite
    OK, I think that perhaps Motor Cycle Training in Lisburn will be the first place I try.

Sounds bad, but they have a nice-looking website. Actually I have just rung them as well and they answered and the man I talked to seemed very nice.

I tried ringing Rider Training Scheme in Belfast which is somewhere at the Prince Regent Commercial Centre *shrug* but they didn't pick up.

Anyway, I will now just have to find a date in my diary that I can start, go for a trial lesson with MTS and take it from there. Yippee.

Do you recommend block booking a set of 10 lessons? (After trial lesson if I'm happy)? How likely is it that I will be able to pass my test in 10 lessons?
    ('Qualifications' - can ride a push-bike, drive a car, fly a plane, sail a boat...that last one will be of no help whatsoever with riding a motorbike I'm sure *grin*) And yes I know everyone has different learning skills. Not really sure how many lessons it took me to drive a car since my dad taught me. Had only 2 official lessons but then my dad was a good teacher.

Ohh, I'm excited about this. Scared silly if I think about it, but really excited.
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'll look out my window and snigger when you drive past ;)

Best of luck with the training!

Cheers, Des.
  • loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    i had 3 lessons n me test... passed first time...

hth loops
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure