Google Ads

Options
2»

Comments

• mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I use google ads and find them a useful source of revenue. You need to have $100 in your account before they will pay out but they will convert this to GBP and pay it directly into your bank account. The amount you get depends on the ad being displayed. Some ads might only generate 1 cent for a click while others pay much more. It depends on how much the advertiser is willing to spend on Google. Some ads pay per thousand impressions. I would say it's worth it but you need to stick closely to the Terms of Service. Google can and will terminate your account if you break the rules.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I would say it's worth it but you need to stick closely to the Terms of Service. Google can and will terminate your account if you break the rules.

Even if you have not (easy way to get revenge on a site is to scupper its Google ads) I used to have a policy of leaving it there until it was worth having in the account now know its worth taking it as soon as its payable.

If it you do have problems don't expect any communication from Google they cancel account and ask you to prove yourself innocent rather than prove you guilty.

Best not to count the Google chicken until its eggs are in your account just like cashback sites and paid to search sites.

But yes if all goes well a useful addition to the cash intake of websites but a more certain income is that of paid for ad sites like money4banners.co.uk etc which only have ads on 3 pages and pays £5 a month.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure