We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Florida April 2009 - Good price??
Comments
-
Anyone any ideas on if the aforementioned deal of £2800 is worth taking? Thanks :T :T :T0
-
April time next year is always going to be more money than you expect because of it being Easter time. They basically class the whole of April as Easter so hike the prices up.
We are going next April and because of the date we are flying our flights are near on £1000 each!! It's the only time we can go to fit in 2 weeks as we have 2 teachers coming with us.
I have to say that £2800 for 5 of you is an excellent price. You could always see how much just the flight would be and then look into the villa option. You can normally get a villa for a very good price. We have just bought our flights from Dial a Flight and are then doing the villa option rather than a hotel. It just gives you so much more room and private facilities.
I would definately go for this deal. I don't think you'll find it any cheaper. xxx0 -
Ithink the flight price is excellent too but definitely go for a villa rather than some of the tacky hotels on I drive,you wont regret it.
We have stayed on Sunset Lakes and Emerald Island these are villa locations close to Disney,ideal locations for taking a shortcut which avoids a lot of traffic and even close enough to come home in the afternoon for a nap or a dip in your private pool!!! We stayed at villa Aloha on sunset lakes,great villa with pool and games room overlooking a lake(surprisingly!!) lost the web address now but if you google it it will come up. Private owner,lovely chap.0 -
We have done a lot of Disney over the last few years and so can envisage spending more time towards i-drive for wet'n'wild, aquatica, seaworld + eating out. Where would the closest villas be? Cheers0
-
If you go onto www.thedibb.co.uk there is a villa location map which should give you the details of the nearest villas. The ones I mentioned are central to everything.
If you have done Disney though why not do as we did and go down south for a week? We found it a great chiller after the frenetic pace,try Anna Maria island,Marco island,fab villas and a caribbean lifestyle.0 -
ant1979pry wrote: »Anyone any ideas on if the aforementioned deal of £2800 is worth taking? Thanks :T :T :T
I would say that is an excellent deal. We paid 3.5k for flights and car for Easter this year as we have to stick to school hols. If I could pay what your paying I'd jump at the chance...
Sorry, should mention that price was for 2 adults and 2 kids and full size car.0 -
Hi, I am going to Orlando as well in May 09 and the price you have is not bad but perhaps you can shave it a little I think.
I have been 4 times now and always book seperately & always stay in a villa!!
This time I have got a virgin flight for 2 adults, 2 children for £1325, a villa for £825 and full car hire for £250 = £2,400 and I am "happy" with that. (In 2006 I got it all for £2100 - but that's inflation I guess!!)
Sometimes VA have sales on around Nov-Dec time so depends if you want to risk waiting & seeing.
https://www.holidayautos.co.uk are good for car hire.
Good luck
0 -
For a variety of great deals on Villa's, search Ebay. You'll get numerous hits. We booked from a US company we found there last year and got an excellent Villa, exactly where we wanted it and at a far cheaper price then I'd seen advertised elsewhere. We had loads of similar options to choose from and took the pick of the bunch. We also booked flights and car hire sererately and I believe saved hundreds that way. I'll be doing it this way when we return in a couple of years.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards